About This Game
Colonial Conquest is a conquest simulation set in the Victorian age of warfare and expansion of the late 1800's and early 1900's. The object of the game is to become the dominant major power throughout the world. Players can be one among six of the great powers of the time: Great Britain, Germany, France, USA, Japan or Russia.
You win by either scoring the most Victory Points (VPs) or being the first to reach a certain preset VP threshold, depending on scenario and custom choices in the main menu. To do so, you must capture regions over the world, and defeat your enemies in battle.
The world has about 130 regions open to conquest. The regions have variable income and VP values (set randomly in the Standard scenario) and unknown until conquered or spied upon. Each region not owned by a Major Power usually has an independent Minor country owning and defending it.
Each Major country is controlled by a human player or the computer, or is designated neutral and then acts as a Minor country.
Scenarios: game offers 3 scenarios: one starting in the year 1880 with an historical setting, one in 1914 with historical positions, and an open ca-1870 standard where nation only own their starting home territories (free-for-all non-historical)
The game has 3 main phases, each player entering them in sequence, i.e. Build Phase (Spring only, with: Army & Navy Construction, Fortification, Economic Aid, Espionage, Subversion), Movement Phase (Army & Navy), and Combat Phase.
- Return to the era of Golden Warfare and rule one of handful of powers which had been shaping the face of our present world.
- Sail, ride and march across the globe as your nation flexes its military and economic muscles.
- Supplement brawn with subterfuge and use cloak and dagger tactics such as subversion and espionage.
- Compete with the European hegemons in their final golden days before they engulfed the world in the flames of the first global war.
- Play as one of the then two raising behemoths: the United States of America or Imperial Japan; or as one of the main European power to roll them back within their boundaries.
- Play against the AI or other human claimants to the mastery of our planet.
- Developer: Argonauts Interactive, Collectif Nemoïd
- Publisher: Plug in Digital
- Release Date: 7/28/2015
- Trial time: 1 hour
- OS: Windows 7/8
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 500 MB available space