At GameSessions we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing you with the best user experience on our website. These Terms and Conditions of use are to ensure that we can maintain this standard of service by providing you with clear guidance on what constitutes unacceptable use of our website.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Website
This website is owned and operated by GameSessions, a trading name of Tangentix Ltd., a company registered in England with Company Registration number 06882348 and having its registered office at Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom S1 2BJ (the “Company”)
Acceptance of This Agreement
Your access to and use of the Website is exclusively governed by these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose which is either unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The Company may at its sole discretion restrict or terminate your use of the Website without notice in the event of breach of this Agreement.
Headings are included in this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
Advice and Recommendation
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice or recommendations and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making any decision.
Changes to Website, Software, and Services
The Company reserves the right to, and shall not be liable to you for, any:
- 1. change or removal (temporarily or permanently) of the Website or any part of it without notice;
- 2. change, removal, or discontinuance of any software, service, promotion or pricing as advertised on this website at any time without notice;
- 3. change, removal or discontinuance of any promotional discount vouchers or coupon codes at any time with notice;
- 4. change to this Agreement at any time and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
The Intellectual Property Rights in this website and the materials on or accessible via it belong to the Company or its licensors. This website and the materials on or accessible via it and the Intellectual Property Rights therein may not be copied, distributed, published, licensed, used or reproduced in any way save to the extent strictly necessary for and for the purposes of accessing and using this website.
The Company name, trading names and logo(s) are trade marks which belong to the Company and may not be used, copied or reproduced in any way without written consent from the Company and only then for so long as consent is given.
For these purposes "Intellectual Property Rights" or "IPR" means any and all intellectual property or industrial rights of any description anywhere in the world including without limitation to the foregoing generality any patents, trade marks, domain names, registered designs, copyright (including without limitation to the foregoing generality rights in computer software, object and source code), rights in the nature of copyright, database rights, semi-conductor topography rights, unregistered design rights, rights in and to trade names, business names, domain names, product names and logos, trade secrets, and any analogous or similar right in any jurisdiction (whether any such rights referred to in this definition are registered, unregistered, registrable or not) and any applications or rights to apply for registration of any of them together with any registered rights resulting from any such applications or rights to apply for registration.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against the Company arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
You may Rent or Buy Games through the GameSessions System by placing an Order. In either case, the purchase and use of all games purchased or downloaded through the GameSessions System shall be subject to the end user licence terms for the Game Ordered as set out by the Game Supplier which shall be deemed incorporated into any purchase and by purchasing or downloading any Game you are deemed to accept them.
Purchasing a Game via an anonymising service such as TOR, proxy server or VPN, will result in the loss of the purchase and the Company will not issue a refund. In the event that downloads are not possible due to the continued use of a proxy server or similar technology customers will not be eligible for a refund.
In the case where you Rent a Game, you shall be able to play the Game for a pre-determined time whereupon you will be alerted to the expiry of the Rent period and shall be given the opportunity to Rent additional time or Buy the Game. If you choose not to Rent additional time or Buy, you may return to the GameSessions System at a later time to Rent additional periods of play or Buy the Game at your sole discretion.
Payment is due from the moment an Order is accepted by the GameSessions System and may be made as set out on the payment section of the GameSessions System by credit card, debit card or any other such method as the Company may introduce in its sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to accept or refuse any payment made in any form by you.
The Company aims to debit money from your account immediately on placement of an Order in the denomination quoted on the GameSessions System depending on your geographical location. You must pay in the denomination of currency in which the Price is quoted.
All payments made to the Company or to any other Party using the GameSessions System are not refundable either in whole or in part, except as expressly set forth in this agreement. Notwithstanding this, you will not be charged for any Orders that cannot be fulfilled, e.g. where the Game download fails and where appropriate, the Company will re-credit your account with any sum debited by the Company.
Certain restrictions apply to digital products sold through our website. Refunds will not be issued due to your dissatisfaction with the product or if your computer does not meet the minimum Product requirements.
Refunds will be not be provided for titles where the serial key has been disclosed to you on our website or sent by e-mail. All such sales are final unless it can be verified that the serial key is faulty.
If you feel you qualify for a refund please contact GameSessions Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds or credits will be issued solely at the discretion of GameSessions. Refunds may be offered if all the following conditions are met:
- The game has not been activated or downloaded.
- The time of your request for refund/credit is no more than 14 days from time of purchase.
- Steam or other platforms required to access the product have not withdrawn the product from their online catalogue within 14 days of your purchase.
- We find your request reasonable due to special circumstances.
GameSessions provides trial versions of many of the games on the website. Where a trial is available, you can confirm a game works to your satisfaction before you purchase. If a trial version is not available, please check system requirements before purchasing.
If you reside in the European Union and you purchase a Product, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 may apply, and you may have the right to withdraw from your purchase within fourteen calendar days, commencing on the day after the date of purchase (the "Cooling Off Period"). You will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your product, or if the performance of our services has begun (such as if the Product activation key has been disclosed to you), before the end of the Cooling Off Period. To withdraw from your purchase within the Cooling Off Period, please contact Customer Service.
If you reside in the United Kingdom and you purchase a product then the Consumer Rights Act 2015 may apply, and you may have the right to a refund or replacement if a game is found to be faulty within 30 days of purchase. If you believe this to be the case, please contact GameSessions Customer Service: email@example.com
Limitation of Liability
The Website is provided on an "AS AVAILABLE" and "AS IS" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, the Company will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever, including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
The Company makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or omissions will be corrected or that the Website or the server(s) that make it available are free from viruses, malware or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of the Company for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of the Company or that of its employees or agents.
User Generated Content
You are solely responsible for any content you place on the Website and the Company accepts no liability for loss of any user generated content whatsoever.
You agree not to place and the Company will not be liable for removal of, any user generated content on the Website which the Company considers in its sole discretion to be offensive, defamatory, likely to cause offence or infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party in any way, including but not limited to photographs, videos, animations, text, logos or graphics.
Links to Third Party Website's
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
Terms for GameSessions Competitions
The following general rules apply to all competitions on the GameSessions service. These are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- 1. The closing date for a competition is featured in the small print next to the individual competition.
- 2. Unless otherwise stated, entry to a competition is restricted to one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be removed.
- 3. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified. GameSessions reserves the right to determine that an entrant or entrants is attempting to gain unfair advantage and to take such action as it deems appropriate to ensure the competition remains fair for all entrants.
- 4. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible.
- 5. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- 6. Winners will be contacted using the email provided when entering the competition.
- 7. Winners will be selected at random within 7 days of the competition closing.
- 8. Winners will be notified by email.
- 9. Prizes must be claimed within 14 days of the prize draw closing date. After that we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding that competition.
- 10. The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 11. Unless otherwise stated, no purchase is necessary to enter the competitions on the GameSessions service.
- 12. Employees or agents of GameSessions or anyone else connected to the competition, and/or their immediate family, may not enter.
- 13. GameSessions reserves the right to extend competition entry deadlines without notice. This is at our sole discretion.
- 14. All prizes are subject to availability, should any prize be unavailable, a prize of similar price or specification will be substituted at our sole discretion. This competition is non-exclusive and GameSessions has the right to amend, cancel, modify, supersede these prizes if, in our sole discretion.
- 15. An entrant will be disqualified if any of their contact details are found to be inaccurate. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. No responsibility will be accepted by GameSessions for any partial or complete failure in transmission or receipt of entries.
- 16. We may publish the name of winners. Winners will be deemed to give GameSessions irrevocable license to use their name in future promotions.
- 17. Entrants agree that by entering a competition their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by GameSessions for the purposes of administering the competition.
- 18. As a condition of your entry into any competition, you agree to indemnify us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, other expenses (including costs and legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting directly or indirectly from such entry.
- 19. The promoter of these competitions is Tangentix Ltd, trading as GameSessions, whose registered office is at Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield, S1 2BJ.
- 20. All prize draws are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The failure at any time to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall in no way affect the Company's rights to require complete performance by you nor shall the waiver of any breach of any provision be taken or held to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any such provision or be a waiver of the provision itself.
Applicable Law and Dispute
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
English Version Controls
Non-English translations of these Terms and Conditions are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
Changes to this policy
We keep our policies under regular review. This policy was last updated on 8 November 2018.