Política de privacidad de GameSessions
How We Protect Your Privacy
At GameSessions, we pride ourselves on our commitment to protecting your privacy. We want you to know how we will collect, use and disclose the personal data you provide to us.
If at any time you wish for us to delete your personal data from our files, please contact us in writing at either the postal or e-mail address below and we will respond promptly.
This website is owned and operated by GameSessions, a trading name of Tangentix Ltd., a company registered in England with Company Registration number 06882348 and having its registered office at Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom S1 2BJ (the “Company”)
Collecting Your Data
‘Personal data’ is any data that can be used to identify you as an individual. The Company collects ‘personal data’ about you only with your full knowledge in conjunction with:
- 1. Information about products used or on our service
- 2. Registration of a purchased product
- 3. Request for information
- 4. Request for any other product or service that the Company may offer via GameSessions
If you require further information on your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner. Further details can be found by visiting ico.org.uk.
Using Your Data
It is the company's policy that you should know exactly what personal data we collect from you and how we will use it. We collect personal data from you for the purpose of processing your order or enquiry. We may use your personal data to supply products and services to you that you have requested, carry out any agreement with you or take any steps that you have requested. In particular, we may:
- 1. Update you as to the status of your order;
- 2. Alert you to important product revisions or updates;
- 3. Inform you about upgrades to your purchases, bookings or Company offerings;
- 4. Facilitate your transactions with third parties providing goods and services though our site; and
- 5. Ensure that you are properly registered to receive technical support.
In addition to the above uses, where you have given us appropriate permission, we may also use your personal data for the following purposes and direct marketing (‘Additional Purposes’):
- 1. To tell you about special discounts or additional Company products and services;
- 2. To tell you about new Company products and services;
- 3. To show you advertisements, some of which may be tailored to you based on information they have obtained, such as your browsing history on their own websites.
- 4. To tell you about new products from other carefully-screened companies that the Company feels may be of interest to you (we carefully screen and then select such companies only when we are satisfied that their products and/or services are likely to be of interest to you).
Aggregate data is general data about groups of customers and does not identify individual customers. The Company may combine your data with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use to improve our products & services and develop new ones. For example, we may tell a third party how many people trialled, rented or purchased a certain product, but not that you personally trialled, rented or purchased a specific item.
The Company uses a variety of Web technologies on our Web sites. Among these are cookies, which are pieces of information that our Web sites provide to your browser. Cookies allow us to track overall site usage and determine areas users prefer. Cookies also allow us to customise your visit to our Web sites by recognising you when you return. Cookies cannot be used to see any other data on your computer, nor can they determine your e-mail address or identity.
Disclosing Your Data
The Company may also transfer personal data to selected 3rd parties for the purpose of delivering the service. For example, payment providers may require your contact details in order to complete a purchase transaction.
Any organisation who has access to your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by contractual restrictions to make sure they protect your information and comply with applicable data protection legislation.
Where these organisations are based outside of the EEA in a jurisdiction that has not been deemed adequate by the EU, we enter into EU approved model clauses with them to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place.
It is the Company's policy that you are kept in control of the ways in which we use your personal data for the Additional Purposes. All the Company communications, in whatever medium, that involve the recording of personal data for these Additional Purposes include a short section that allows you to indicate your preferences with respect to the use of that personal data. You can choose whether or not you wish to receive additional information or promotional offers from the Company.
Data Collected by Telephone
In the event that you submit your personal details by telephone, please note that the Company may monitor or record your call for one or more of the following purposes:
- 1. To provide evidence of your order or transaction with us
- 2. To ensure that we comply with relevant regulatory procedures
- 3. To see that quality standards or targets are being met
- 4. In the interests of national security to prevent or detect crime or to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecommunications system
- 5. To secure the effective operation of our telecommunications system
Any information that you choose to provide us with will be used to personalise and improve our customer service operations. All information is collected and stored in a secure manner and is used strictly in relation to this policy and your stated preference. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for loss of privacy, disclosure of information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission of any information to us. In addition, under the law, we must cooperate fully with any law enforcement agency should a situation arise where our information about customers could be of assistance.
From time to time, the Company may introduce new products and services to our customers that may require modifications to this policy. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time by providing 30 days notice of such changes to our customers via the Company Web site. These modifications will only apply to personal data that you then provide to us after the date of the modification.
As a Company customer, we may also use your contact information to inform you of other products or services we think might interest you. However, if you do not wish to be contacted for promotional purposes, you can “opt out” when the Company collects your information. Alternatively, you can update or correct your personal or business information relating to your account by updating your preferences on our website/s or contacting us by post or e-mail.
Please note that your contact preferences only apply to the Company contacting you for marketing purposes. We may still need to communicate with you regarding the usability of your product or messages relating to your service or software. These communications may include service messages, subscription renewal notices, critical notices or legally mandated notices.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information:
- We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our service. Where we retain information for service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our service, not to specifically analyse personal characteristics about you.
- Information you share on the service:
- If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow other users to make full use of the service. For example, we continue to display comments and content you provided to community forums.
- Marketing information:
- If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
In the future, we may make changes to our privacy policies or practices. If we make material changes regarding personal information, we will update our statement and post a notice on the Company Web site 30 days before the changes take effect.
Contact Us for More Information
Please be sure to include your mailing address if you would like us to send you any written materials. The Company reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal information it receives.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be deleted from our files, please contact us in writing and we will respond promptly.
- (a) email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (b) post to: Tangentix Ltd., Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2BJ, United Kingdom
Headings are included in this Policy for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
English Version Controls
Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.