GameSessions Announces First Partners For New Game Trial Service
Unveiling at GDC San Francisco, GameSessions Partners with PCGamer.com, Ginx TV and PCGamesN.com
SHEFFIELD, England - March 11, 2014 – Announced last week, GameSessions, a new service giving players a chance to try full games first, with super-fast downloads based on new technology, and where publishers can choose what aspects of the games to highlight has its first partners. PCGamer.com, the world’s largest PC magazine site, with 5.3m unique visitors per month, GINX, the videogaming TV channel broadcasting to over 26 million television homes across Europe, and PCGamesN.com, a site dedicated to PC gaming with almost 1m unique visitors per month are the first media partners for GameSessions.
“We’re being very selective with potential partners and want to ensure that leading brands related to the PC Gaming audience are supported,” said Ed French, CEO of Tangentix Ltd. “We want GameSessions to be where the largest audience of core gamers is and our initial partners bring a collective audience in the 10’s of millions.”
“Future has always been keen on giving our readers the best possible view of games, and we’re really supportive of the way GameSessions will be allowing this to happen in a new way,” said Lee Nutter, Head of Games at Future plc.
GameSessions allows players to move from trial to purchase instantly, in game, without waiting for a disk to be delivered or a different version to be downloaded. The service is about to launch a public beta so everyone can see what the experience can offer. The company will be announcing an amazing line-up of partners in the coming weeks and months who are working with the team to bring great games to gamers everywhere.
Michiel Bakker, Ginx TV CEO, commented, “We see GameSessions as a great way to engage our viewers, offering them a quick and easy route to download and trial the titles that feature on the channel. We like how this service will link our online and broadcast communities.”
"Free to play shouldn't be the only way for PC gamers to try a game before investing any cash. Developers struggle for time to make meaningful demos. GameSessions solves both of these challenges.”, said James Binns Managing Director of Network N Ltd. “PCGamesN.com is working with GameSessions because we want our audience to pick the best games to play and trial is a vital part of that decision."
GameSessions is from Tangentix Ltd, a team of keen and bright programmers, who also happen to be gamers, based in the UK. It has been born from new mathematics from the University of Bradford and a series of patent-backed innovations that change the way games are discovered, delivered and purchased. The company is venture backed and has deals with a number of major publishers and media partners.
About Future PLC
About PC Gamer:
Produced by hardcore gamers for hardcore gamers, PC Gamer knows what its audience needs to satisfy its enthusiasm. It gives them major exclusives, in-depth previews, hard-hitting reviews, winning strategies, easy-to-understand explanations of complex technology, and so much more. Whether they’re reading the magazine, our blogs, or enjoying our massively popular audio and video podcasts, PC Gamer feeds gamers info in a fun, irreverent yet informative way that invites newcomers to the hobby while satisfying the needs of old pros.
About Future plc
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com,gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that’s 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
- Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplcand on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing
About Ginx TV
Ginx TV is a UK-based international media company, dedicated to the creation of video gaming TV channels around the world, branded GINX, as well as individual shows and formats for syndication aimed at people who love to play videogames. These days that is almost everybody, as gaming has moved from a cult proposition to mainstream entertainment. Ginx is about All the Games, All the Time.
About Network N
PCGamesN.com is a fast-growing new platform, designed to help PC gamers enjoy the games they love and discover new ones. The platform launched in June 2012 and combines independent editorial with aggregated, filter content and user submissions via Steam sign in.
NOTE to Media:
[BIG UNVEILING AT GDC SAN FRANCISCO]
A press meeting will be held at 4:30pm on Wednesday 19th March at the GameSessions suite at the St Regis Hotel, San Francisco- only yards away from the Moscone Center where GDC is taking place.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite
- Alison Beasley
- Lincoln Beasley PR
- T: + 44 (0) 1608 645756
- M: + 44 (0) 7966 449 130